3.2 Common Invocation Options
These options apply to all Quagga daemons.
- Runs in daemon mode.
- -f file
- Set configuration file name.
- Display this help and exit.
- -i file
Upon startup the process identifier of the daemon is written to a file,
typically in /var/run. This file can be used by the init system
to implement commands such as .../init.d/zebra status,
.../init.d/zebra restart or .../init.d/zebra
The file name is an run-time option rather than a configure-time option
so that multiple routing daemons can be run simultaneously. This is
useful when using Quagga to implement a routing looking glass. One
machine can be used to collect differing routing views from differing
points in the network.
- -A address
- Set the VTY local address to bind to. If set, the VTY socket will only
be bound to this address.
- -P port
- Set the VTY TCP port number. If set to 0 then the TCP VTY sockets will not
- -u user
- Set the user and group to run as.
- Print program version.